Blanco’s Easy Tea Scones
3 Cups Cake Flour
5 Teaspoons Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
1½ Tablespoons Sugar
200ml Milk or buttermilk
- Beat eggs, cream and milk well together.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
- Add the egg, cream and milk mixture and add to the dry mixture while mixing with a fork (keep just a little bit of the milk mixture for glazing). Knead very lightly for 1 minute.
- Roll out to 3 – 4mm thick and cut out with cutter.
- Glaze and bake at 190 degrees C for approximately 10 minutes (if over-baked scones will be dry and hard).
Serve with jam and cream